Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Confession

Here it is.
The truth.
I am scared to blog.

I worry about how I will sound. I worry that I won't be able to communicate clearly, that I won't be able to explain accurately what God has placed in my heart and what He has done in my life. I truly wonder who in the world is going to read this anyway and are they even going to care? I will probably sound foolish and shallow. I barely passed freshman composition class anyway. Plus, I write in run-on sentences (that's how I talk!) and people might judge me for my bad...or should I say incorrect grammar? -gasp- "does she actually think she can homeschool her children?!?!" (Well, honestly, sometimes I am not sure I can...but let's stick to one confession at a time)

So...with that off my chest...I realize that my focus is in all the wrong places. Look at all the "I" statements in the above paragraph. I know one thing for sure. Every time I take my eyes off Jesus, I end up looking at myself (or others around me). And every time, I end up dissatisfied, discontent and disgruntled.  (Doesn't disgruntled create a great mental picture? Don't you absolutely love the fact that God gave us language to express things. I digress....another post, another time) Turning my eyes back to Jesus brings clarity and focus to the things that really matter. I truly desire to declare who He is and what He has done and is doing. And if this blog will make Him just a little more famous...then bring it. I will blog for that.

No comments: