Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mundane made marvelous

Do you ever have those moments when you feel like someone hits you on the forehead with a 2x4? Those moment of clarity when things fall into place and it all makes sense? Perhaps it's a verse in the Bible you read for the millionth time, and God  gives you fresh insight. Or when you are with your husband or kids and you get a lump in your throat as you realize how your Father has incredibly blessed you. Maybe for you, its those moments you spend in His creation. Well, this happened to me not so long ago.

In the midst of my "sorting chaos," one of our kids had constructed a fort. It was surrounded by piles (organized piles of course;), boxes, totes, papers, etc.

As I looked at the sign on that fort, I thought to myself with a sigh, "boy, wouldn't I give anything to climb in there for a few hours." I took two more steps and stopped in my tracks. I nearly dropped my overflowing dirty laundry basket. "Carrie," He said, "I AM your fortress! I AM your strong tower. Come to me and find rest for your soul." (2x4 moment) Pretty sure I got a goofy grin on my face as I continued my trek to the laundry room. I thought about that all day long. And I have been marveling anew over this truth that He made new to me in that moment.

May HE make your mundane marvelous.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Love you, Carrie. And although I may not comment everytime, I am reading every post :) hope Florida is good to you this week! Praying for you

Rachel said...

Ditto what Nichole said! Love your thoughts on that...thank you! Love you guys :)